Have you ever watched Shark Tank? I love that show. If you do watch it, maybe you saw the following product called iLumi LED Smartbulb, which ended up being backed by Mark Cuban himself. Now, the product is available to the masses, bringing complete control over the lighting in your home. Usually priced at $90 a bulb, you can grab a iLumi bulb for just $79.
As for features, iLumi allows for music sync, which will pulse your lights to the beat of music. Perfect for parties, right? A vacation mode will make your house look occupied while you are gone, making sure no creepers decide to enter your home while you are away. Finally, an upcoming Torch mode will guide you from room to room as you move through them, which sounds insanely cool.
The bulbs are controlled right from your smartphone over Bluetooth via an application, with all of their power being consumed right from the outlet. However, you won’t see a huge spike in your energy bill.
- Music Sync – Pulse your light to the beat of the music
- Rise & Shine – Wake up naturally with a scheduled sunrise to start your day
- Scene Snapshot – Create, save, and replay your favorite lighting scenes with one touch
- Vacation – Let your light make it look like someone’s home, even if you’re not
- Torch – Let your light guide you, turning on & off as you move from room to room (coming soon!)
- Individual Or Group Control – Control your ilumi Smartbulbs individually or as a group with built in Bluetooth LE wireless meshing
- Extremely energy efficient – These bulbs lasts up to 20 years
The below Shark Tank clip sums up my initial take on Ilumi – “It’s $90 a light bulb? Wow.” Here is a chance to score one for cheaper if they interest you.