Pebble announced big news today, starting with the lowering of prices for its devices, bringing the original Pebble to just $99, with Pebble Steel now at $199. In addition to lowering prices, Pebble also announced the addition of two new features, activity and sleep tracking. With new apps from companies such as Jawbone, Misfit, and Swim.com, users can now track specific activities they partake in, leading to a healthier you.
On top of that, Pebble has added in interface tweaks to make accessing certain features easier. With Quick Launch, users can set shortcuts from a watch face to access apps more quickly. Over time, you should notice yourself navigating throughout your smartwatch a bit quicker.
Full firmware changelog is listed below.
- NEW: Activity. Activity tracking apps (e.g. Jawbone, Misfit, Swim.com) for Pebble now work seamlessly in the background. View installed Activity apps and toggle preferences in the Pebble Settings menu. An Activity icon is visible within Pebble menus when a compatible app is installed and running.
- NEW: Quick Launch. Set shortcuts from a watchface to your favorite Pebble apps with a long press of the Up or Down buttons. Enable Quick Launch and set app shortcuts in the Pebble Settings menu.
- Battery icon is now persistent within Pebble menus.
- Select button once again dismisses notifications when paired with an Android device or iOS device on iOS 7 or lower. iOS 8 users get notificaion dismissal for both Pebble and the paired device when pressing Select.
- Bug fixes and improvements.