Leading up to any major device launch, we always see a plethora of leaks, which is always fun for us. The newest, posted by SamMobile, gives us a few major details for the camera software that will be baked into the Galaxy Note 4 from Samsung. As a reminder, this device is set to be announced on September 3 at IFA in Berlin, Germany.
Thanks to the detailed leak, we can take note of the different picture and video resolutions Note 4 owners can shoot in, as well as all of the insane camera modes that Samsung has included for the camera. To list just a few, which are not exactly new, Samsung has added in a “Create a GIF” mode, Selfie Alarm, Wide Selfie, and Eraser camera modes.
Sources claim that the Note 4 will feature a 3.7MP front-facing camera, and as for the rear-facing 16MP sensor, it is a Sony IMX240; the same one used in the Galaxy S5 LTE-A variant.
In addition, it appears that Samsung, who is well known for adding in a crap ton of extra camera software on their devices, has included a bunch of different live camera effects which users can choose from. Usually, you can use these effects while taking shots, and are not used as post filters that you apply after a photo is taken.
Finally, sources claim the camera app’s UI is just like the one found on the Galaxy S5, so we should not expect any surprises upon opening the application. But as a twist, it is specified that Samsung will include a “Side Touch” control button to snap shots. For example, with this sensor included, you can tap on the side of the device to act as a shutter button, without the need of a dedicated hardware button. That feature, alongside all of these, would be the coolest addition.
Take a look below for the full list of information that was leaked.
Camera App Settings
- 16MP (5312×2988 | 16:9)
- 12MP (3984×2988 | 4:3)
- 9MP (2976×2976 | 1:1)
- 8MP (3264×2448 | 4:3)
- 6MP (3264×1836 | 16:9)
- 2.4MP (2048×1152 | 16:9)
- UHD (3840×2160 | 16:9 | 30FPS)
- WQHD (2560×1440 | 16:9 | 30FPS)
- Full HD (1920×1080 | 16:9 | 30/60FPS)
- HD (1280×720 | 16:9 | 15/30/120FPS)
- VGA (640×480 | 4:3 | 30FPS)
- Wide Selfie: Take wide-angle selfie shots to fit more people into your pictures.
- Selfie: Take selfies easily by smiling or winking without the need to reach for the camera button.
- Selfie Alarm: The rear camera will automatically detect and focus on your face when you take self-portrait pictures.
- Create A GIF File: Create animated images by taking pictures continuously.
- Beauty Face: Take flawless portrait pictures with an airbrushed effect.
- Shot & More: Explore the various effects available for burst shots.
- Sound & Shot: Enrich your pictures by adding a few seconds of background sound.
- Best photo: Select the best from a series of pictures.
- Best face: Select the best picture of each person from a series of pictures.
- Drama: Take a series of pictures of a moving object, then merge them.
- Eraser: Erase unwanted moving objects from your picture.
- Panning shot: Capture a sense of motion when taking pictures of moving objects.
- Dual Camera: You can take pictures and record videos using the front and rear cameras at the same time.
- Animated Photo: Create a picture containing selected moving objects by animating certain parts of the picture.
Grey-scale, Sepia, Negative, Emboss, Outline, Watercolour, Monochrome, Sketch, Washed Out, Posterise, Solarise, Vintage, Cold Vintage, Warm Vintage, Blue, Green Point, Red/Yellow, Nostalgia, Faded Colour, Retro, Sunshine, Old Photo, Cartoon, Oil Pastel, Moody, Engraving, Vignette, Rugged, Tint, Turquoise, Fisheye, Noir Note and Vincent.
Collapse Show Comments