The lucky few who have been able to snatch a OnePlus One will be happy to hear that an update to Android 4.4.4 is scheduled to roll out within hours.
The list of changes in firmware 30O is rather long, but it includes a new camera feature which was announced this morning. Clear Image uses the same principles of HDR to stitch together 10 individual photos, while improving clarity and reducing a photo’s noise. The OnePlus One team says that unlike other image-stitching solutions, Clear Image uses intelligent compression to minimize file size while maximizing quality.
OnePlus One owners, be on the look out.
- Upgraded to Android 4.4.4
- Updated to new versions of Google apps
- Added Clear Image
- Added new (colder) calibration for the screen
- Proximity sensor prevents activation of off-screen gestures while in your pocket
- Capacitive touch keys supported in the recovery mode
- Increased capacitive button illumination
- Improved overall stability
- Fixed issues with vibration being disabled during Quiet Hours
- Fixed lockscreen not updating the track information during music playback
- Fixed microphone volume for all formats in the Voice Recorder app
- Fixed “OK, Google” not triggering voice search in Google Now
- Fixed Viber calls not working
- Fixed battery percent not updating in custom lock screens
- Fixed PicasaSync
- Fixed Camera “O” gesture activating lockscreen instead of triggering camera
- Fixed wallpapers not applying in full screen, taking the wrong size when cropping, etc