A major update is rolling out to owners of the SHIELD aka SHIELD Portable from NVIDIA. In the update, which is available now as OTA 5 Release 82, users can instantly hook up a SHIELD Controller through newly-implemented compatibility, as well as manage Controller settings through the official SHIELD Controller application.
In addition to that added support, the SHIELD Hub application has been included in the update, allowing users to browse compatible games, which replaces the previously installed TegraZone application. To top it off, improvements for GameStream have been added in, Netflix HD streaming support is included, and users can wirelessly stream audio to a headset connected to the controller.
That doesn’t scratch the surface of this update, though. Take a look at the full changelog below.
- SHIELD wireless controller support
- Adds SHIELD wireless controller app for quick pairing to SHIELD portable
- Wirelessly stream audio to a headset connected to the controller
- New SHIELD Hub app
- Improves and replaces existing TegraZone app
- Adds My Media Apps for quick launch access to installed entertainment apps
- GameStream improvements
- Quality of service and security improvements
- New onscreen controls for GameStream. Access by long holding Start
- Remote GameStream – required router settings changes for manual port forwarding (Learn More)
- Netflix HD support for up to 1080p streaming in Console Mode
- Ethernet indicator is now displayed in top-right Android notification bar when connected to Ethernet
Via: GeForce Forums
Some of our best videos.