Thought Nova Launcher development was dead? Think again. Today, Nova Launcher received a massive beta update, bringing it to version 3.0. With so much time going by since the last major update to Nova, the changelog is quite extensive for today’s update, with plenty of new features and tools to help trick out your home screen experience.
The update includes a new persistent search bar look (sexy honeycomb), sub-grid positioning, custom label colors, full 4×1 widget support in the dock, greater control of placement/size/cropping of app icons, and a ton more.
Take a peek below at a partial amount of the massive changelog.
- Subgrid positioning.
- Snap widgets/icons to half cells.
- Greater control of placement/size without shrinking/cropping app icons.
- Custom label colors (desktop, dock, drawer).
- Individual drawer tab colors (tap on the tab and select Edit).
- New tab style Colorblock.
- Vertical drawer scrolls under transparent navbar.
- Backup/Restore using Kitkat’s Document Provider (supports ext-sdcard, Drive, Box, etc).
- Full 4×1 widget support in dock.
- Individually toggle widget padding (long-press on widget and select Padding).
- Nova Action for First Item In Folder (Use with swipe/tap action of folders).
- Honeycomb style persistent searchbar available on phones.
- Slight visual refresh (settings screen, menu icon, color picker).
The changelog looks massive, so head here to see the whole thing.
If you are not already a beta tester, join this Google+ community, click the Play link below, opt into the beta, then download from Google Play.