Thanks to a removal from Google Play last week, Android ad blockers have been forced to take to releasing apps independently of app stores. The first to do so is Adblock Plus, one of the most popular. In a blog post this morning, the company has posted an .apk file for you to sideload onto your device should you wish to continue to block ads from your mobile device. Since the app is gone from Google Play, this new version will also allow updates to be pushed, so that you’ll constantly have the newest version.
Here is the full changelog:
- Implemented automatic updates
- Added a dialog to help with the manual proxy configuration
- Separated filtering and proxy activation settings to avoid loss of connectivity after manual configuration
- Switched to the Holo user interface theme
- Improved icon hiding
- Implemented a workaround for a Chrome issue causing blank pages
- Fixed an issue with URLs containing apostrophes
Via: Adblock Plus
Some of our best videos.