Over the weekend, a new WidgetLocker beta was released for users, bringing new lockscreen options and functionality. For starters, users can now have a bezel on both sides of the device, which will allow for the placement of app shortcuts and also a camera shortcut, much like you see on Android 4.2. Shortcuts can be customized, much like everything else in the lockscreen replacement app.
- Bezel Swipe left for apps.
- Bezel Swipe right for camera.
- Jelly Bean clock font option.
- Redesigned settings page.
- Fixes for home button on some devices.
- No longer supports Android 2.1 and 2.2.(Android 2.3 required)
To get your hands on the beta, you will need download the regular version from Google Play. Once you are in the settings menu, long press on your volume down button and you will see a new option appear for “Labs” mode. From here, you can then download the beta update right to your device.
Play Link ($2.99)
Some of our best videos.