For myself, who spends his days at home connected to the beauty that is WiFi all day long, I wouldn’t necessarily say I need a reminder that when my phone isn’t connected to my network, my battery is draining quicker and my precious data is trickling out all over the place. In comes Smart WiFi Toggler, which will help those that have a harder time remembering such things. The app, which uses your network location (as to not use GPS and save battery), recognizes when you’re in or around a WiFi hotspot and automatically connects you.
Here are some of cool features Smart WiFi Toggler has to offer:
- Automatically learns your WiFi hotspot locations.
- Turns WiFi off when disconnected from WiFi network.
- Automatically turns WiFi on when near a known hotspot.
- Uses your network location. No GPS battery drain.
- Provides the ability to control “auto-connect” behavior for each hotspot.
- Ability to lock WiFi to a disabled state.
- Warning notification and auto-locking WiFi when a hotspot is down.
- History and logging, in addition to a view of what is going on under the hood.
The app’s main goal is to conserve your precious battery and save you from using up all of your mobile data. So far, there are plenty of people on Google Play and in the forums that have very high praise for the app, so give it a try and let us know what you think.
Collapse Show Comments