If you play Madfinger’s Dead Trigger, but don’t own a Tegra 3 powered device, then you’re missing out. NVIDIA teamed up with Madfinger to bring better graphics for Tegra 3 chips, but unfortunately, that leaves some users longing for more in the aesthetics department.
Don’t worry, the Android developer community is here to the rescue. If you own a rooted device, then you can make a simple edit to the game’s files which will allow for the better graphics playback.
- First of all, enable graphics details to high in setup/others.
- Exit game.
- Use root explorer like ES File Explorer.
- Go to /data/data/com.madfingergames.deadtrigger/shared_prefs/ folder.
- Edit com.madfingergames.deadtrigger.xml file.
- Change < int name=”UnityGraphicsQuality” value=”1″ /> to <int name=”UnityGraphicsQuality” value=”2″ / >.
- Change < int name=”OptionsGraphicDetail” value=”2″ /> to <int name=”OptionsGraphicDetail” value=”3″ / >.
- Save it.
- Modify permissions to remove all write permission on User, Group and Other.
- Delete com.madfingergames.deadtrigger.xml.bak.
To see the Tegra 3 features you will unlock by performing these steps, watch this video.
Via: Droid Dog, Jayceooi