There is no question that there are plenty of great launchers out there for Android users. But it seems that every time we post about Nova Launcher that was built specifically for Ice Cream Sandwich devices, there is someone that brings up the Apex Launcher. So we have checked it out and can now see why so many people were bringing it up. With even more customization options than Nova has at the moment, then there was no way we weren’t going to recommend this launcher.
There are too many features to list, so we will leave that up to the developer. Here is the features list from the post over on XDA:
- Custom number of homescreens and homescreen grid size
- Infinite & elastic scrolling (homescreen and drawer)
- Transition effects (homescreen and drawer)
- Customizable scrolling indicator (homescreen and drawer)
- Homescreen gestures (pinch, swipe up/down)
- Enable/Disable auto-rotation
- Enable/Disable wallpaper scrolling
- Show/Hide persistent search bar
- Show/Hide notification bar
- Show/Hide icon labels (homescreen and drawer)
- Lock/Unlock desktop
- All/Downloaded/Widgets tabs in drawer
- Drawer apps sorting (title, install date, mostly used)
- Add widgets from drawer (must install as system app) or system picker
- Resize any widget
- Backup/Restore settings and data
Install as you would any other 3rd-party application.
Some of our best videos.