If you are into reddit and Android, you have likely heard of baconreader. It’s made by OneLouder Apps, the same crew that produced 1Weather, SportCaster, and TweetCaster to name a few. Their reddit app though, is the go-to for the service. It received a mention-worthy update this afternoon that brought with it a scrollable and resizable widget, NFC Beam support, hardware acceleration, subreddit widgets that refresh depending on frequency, and more. It’s mostly Ice Cream Sandwich related, but you won’t complain, will you?
Here is the full list:
- Widget points to selected subreddit, and refreshes at selected frequency
- Widget supports scrolling and resizing on Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich devices
- Supports Beam on NFC-enabled Ice Cream Sandwich devices
- Supports Hardware Acceleration
- Posts, widgets, external images and gifs, and comments load more quickly due to component rewrites
- Widget points to the appropriate story in the application
- If you like what you see, please consider changing your rating in the Android Market!
Market Links: Free | Premium ($1.99)