Been hoping you could have access to Google Wallet on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus? Well you are all in luck. The hard working folks over at XDA have released a flashable file for rooted and ClockworkMod running Galaxy Nexus devices. If you still need to get your phone unlocked and rooted, then begin at this post here. Down below we have the basic list of instructions, but we do suggest heading over to the full thread for any support. Good luck and have fun.
The instructions are not too hard to follow as long as you already have adb set up and working. Here is the short list of instructions. To access the files to flash, follow the link to the thread and download them from there.
- You should be in ClockworkMod Recovery for the following steps.
- Check you have the adb executable in your path.
- Run adb shell mount /data
- Run adb pull /data/system/packages.xml packages.xml
- Open packages.xml (this will be in the directory you just run adb in) in an editor
- Copy and paste the entire contents into http://guy.deserves.a.hug.at.lukegb….xml_fixer.html
- Click the “Fix it” button
- Copy the packages.xml file back to the original path (the one you were running adb in)
- Run adb push packages.xml /data/system/packages.xml
- Reboot your phone!
There is a ton of useful info at the XDA thread on making this work, so please head on over there and read up before attempting.
Collapse Show Comments