You may know Spacetime Studios from their previous MMO release on Android, Pocket Legends? Well, they are gearing up for a second release titled Blackstar which is a 3D Sci-Fi MMO offering that is expected to bring “a level of polish and content never before seen on mobile.” Pretty bold statement for a game that seems to have just barely gotten off the ground and isn’t expected to see the market until Q2 2011. This is Spacetime though, and they definitely delivered with P-Legends, so we have no doubts that this game will also be a success.
Here are some the expected features:
- 3D, real-time, persistent MMO
- Exciting sci-fi theme with futuristic human and alien races locked in a story-driven struggle for dominance
- Three character classes at launch with fully customizable skills and appearances
- Thousands of items and equipment such as holograms, dust cannons, and more
- Robust social features such as chat and friend lists
- Countless hours of worldwide, multiplayer, open-world gameplay
- Playable via Wi-Fi, Edge, 3G or 4G connections on most Android or Apple mobile devices
- Anticipated rating of 9+ for the following: Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
Check out a screenshot after the break.
More information can be found at Blackstar.com.
And on a random note, for anyone familiar with Whitefish, MT, the name “Blackstar” might have you dreaming of beer.
Some of our best videos.