The new CyanogenMod 6.1 RC1 has been released for a few phones, but most notably, the original Droid. For those of us still milking every last drop of awesomeness from this device, you’ll be excited to see what’s in store for this latest version of CM. It now includes the Galaxy S style power widget in the notification bar plus a ton of customized camera additions.
Remember that this is still in “release candidate” stage and is not at all final. Test away!
*Original DROID ONLY.
1. You have to be rooted. (Instructions)
2. You have to have ROM Manager installed.
3. Open ROM Manager, choose “Download ROM” and “CyanogenMod.”
4. Tap on CyanogenMod 6.1 RC1.
5. Check the option to include Google Apps.
6. Once it finishes downloading, check both boxes to create a backup and wipe data and cache.
*If coming from another version of CyanogenMod you may be able to skip wiping data.
7. Your phone will reboot and install the new CyanogenMod! Enjoy!
View the full changelog here.
Visit CyanogenMod and donate here.