I don’t really know where to start with this ROM, but it’s something that floated around Youtube for a few days and seems to have taken the ROM world by storm. MIUI is a Chinese ROM that was initially revealed on the Nexus One and was then quickly ported by US developers to every other device on the planet. It has a ton of features that would be nice to see on both stock Android and other custom ROMs even if it looks similar to the i*hone.
Almost every thing should work and if ROMs are super interesting to you, then I suggest that you check this out even for a few minutes. It’s running Android 2.2 and a Chevy kernel so you can overclock it.
Video and instructions after the break. Enjoy!
1. Download the MIUI ROM to your Droid: Zen_MIUI-v2.zip
2. Open ROM Manager and choose “Install ROM from SD Card.”
3. Choose the Zen_MIUI-v2.zip file you just downloaded.
4. When prompted, check BOTH boxes for making a backup and wiping data/cache.
5. Your phone will reboot, make a backup, wipe and install the MIUI ROM.
6. It should reboot if finished successfully. Enjoy your random ROM!
If you run into a dialer force close issue, check out this fix. Simply flash the file in Clockwork just as you did with the ROM. No wipe necessary.
Cheers to everyone who sent this in!
Some of our best videos.