According to the latest leaked Verizon document, the Droid Android 2.2 update should start hitting devices on August 3rd. There is a small chance that test updates could start tonight, but the mass rollout appears to be coming this Tuesday…
Android 2.2 (Froyo) Update for DROID by Motorola
Updated: 7/30/2010 5:58:38 PM(ET)
Starting 8/3, the Android 2.2 (Froyo) update for DROID by Motorola becomes available.
Starting 8/3/2010, Verizon Wireless introduces the Android 2.2 (Froyo) update for DROID by Motorola.
The new Android 2.2 (Froyo) software update includes new enhancements and tons of shortcuts.
It’s like downloading a new phone!
- Improved Web browsing with Adobe Flash Player 10.1 beta for Android
- New security options including remote device wipe and device lock, password complexity and minimum password length.
- Easily switch between the eight most recent applications.
- Rotate the screen 270 degrees to work with apps in any direction.
- Enhanced audio quality
- Easy shortcuts for access to the phone, application launcher and browser from any of the five home screens
- Support Exchange calendars in the Calendar application.
The update will be available to customers starting 8/3/2010. For more information and step-by-step instructions on how to perform the upgrade, please visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/droidsupport.
As soon as we see an update.zip for this, we’ll be sure to post it. Stay close! You never know what could leak out in the next couple of days.