Don’t worry, the Droid 1 hasn’t been forgotten! We are still expecting official Android 2.2 some time in the next month and a half, but until then, we’ll just keep enjoying all of these leaked builds. The latest version to leak is build FRG01 (by CellZealot) and has been put together completely clean and smooth courtesy of Mr. Peter Alfonso. Yes, the same one behind Bugless Beast.
*Rooted users only. Follow our 2.1 rooting guide to enjoy Froyo today!
1. Download the FRG01ODEXED.zip file and drop it on the root of your SD card.
2. Open ROM Manager, choose “Install ROM from SD Card.”
3. Scroll down to find FRG01ODEXED.zip and tap on it.
4. When prompted, check the box to create a backup if you don’t have a recent one.
5. Skip the “wipe data and cache” box if coming from another Froyo build.
6. Phone will reboot, work magic and BAM! Enjoy the new Froyo!
Wish I had a full changelog for you, but things like that don’t usually accompany a leak. Just assume this build is newer and more stable than FRF84B.
Oh, and expect a bundle of custom ROMs to start flowing out over the next few hours/days. Let us know when they drop!
Thanks again Pete for putting this together! And another thanks to CellZealot for the leak!
Collapse Show Comments