In a new promotional video from GM, a Motorola Droid is paired up with the Chevy Volt Android app to show off some of its new features including voice search in Google Maps. Now this isn’t the basic voice search which we’ve all grown accustomed to in your stock G-Maps app, this is voice search in the Volt app using OnStar, which has the ability to find directions and then send them directly to your vehicle’s navigation system before you actually sit down inside of it. Pretty cool right?
Here are a few additional features which will accompany OnStar in the new Volt app:
- Charge status display – plugged in or not and voltage (120V or 240V)
- Flexibility to “Charge Now” or schedule charge timing
- Display percentage of battery charge level, electric and total ranges
- Ability to manually set grid-friendly charge mode for off-peak times when electricity rates are lowest
- Send text or email notifications for charge reminders, interruptions and full charge
- Display miles per gallon, electric only miles, and odometer readings
- Shows miles per gallon, EV miles and miles driven for last trip and lifetime
- Remotely start the vehicle to pre-condition the interior temperature
A detailed view of this app should be debuted tomorrow at Google I/O.
Source: General Motors
Cheers Keith and Tom!