i’m sure you’ve seen the fancy flan gallery app on all the nexus one videos right? well someone ported it to android 2.0.1 so that we can all enjoy its magic. what a fantastic gallery application this is my friends. this is exactly the way the gallery should have been on android 2.0. download instructions are below with a video coming shortly…
1. Download gallery_flan.apk to your computer. (alt link)
2. Copy gallery.apk file to your sdcard.
3. On your phone go to Settings, then Applications and enable Unknown Sources.
4. On your phone, use a file manager such as Astro to browse to the gallery.apk file. Tap the file and install it.
5. You will now have two Gallery applications listed in your launcher — the second one is the flan port. Tap it to launch the application.
video posted over at droiddog.com!
the rest of the android 2.1 apps you need:
1. nexus one / sense ui launcher
2. new eclair gallery with multi-touch
3. genie news and weather 2.1
4. launcher 2.1
5. music app 2.1
6. clock app 2.1
7. flan gallery 2.1