We weren’t exactly kind to the Samsung Gear Fit in our review of it, because well, as a fitness tracker it completely failed in many of our tests over the simplest of things. But, that hasn’t kept Samsung from doing its best to try and improve the Fit, along with the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo. Today, the company announced that a new update will begin to rollout that improves the overall experience.
Things like a more accurate pedometer, improved heart rate accuracy, and an updated sleep mode that disables the screen-wake gesture are all included.
Here is the full list of changes:
- Pedometer is more accurate and starts counting steps automatically
- Higher pedometer goals
- An easier pedometer data transfer process
- Improved heart rate monitor accuracy
- Updated Sleep Mode that disables the screen wake-up feature, so you can wear it while sleeping without being disturbed
- More options for messages sent to rejected calls and the ability to create custom messages
The update’s availability begins today. When your device is ready to update, you should receive a notification on your paired Galaxy smartphone or tablet.