Skype for Android is receiving an update to version 4.4, bringing some major changes for tablet users, and additional improvements for all devices running the application. Tablet users will be greeted with an updated user interface, much like the one that rolled out to smartphones not too long ago.
For everyone else, you should notice improvements to video and call quality, display and UX enhancements, as well as additional changes to audio routing. After this update, the app should feel much more refined for everyone.
- Improved call/video quality
- Accessibility improvements with full support for TalkBack screen reader
- Updates that address incoming call issues, including one that was causing phones to reboot
- Additional changes to audio routing
- Display and UX enhancements when switching orientation
According to the source, the update should go live in Google Play later today.
Via: 9to5 Google