A recap from a weekend full of Droid Life goodness that you may have missed while spending too many hours away from your computer. We wouldn’t want you missing out on the latest rumors, news, hacks, apps or ROMs now would we? Catch up!
- Vote for Droid Life in the Wirefly blog awards! – Wirefly announced last week that it would be running its annual blog awards and we fit into their Android category. Go vote for us now!
- 2.1 updates confirmed from everywhere – We received a ton of emails and tweets from around the country with people confirming the official 2.1 update. If you don’t have it yet, you will within a few days for sure!
- 2.1 Clock App is money with the 2.1 update – The 2.1 clock app that was ported to the Droid months ago works perfectly with this new 2.1 update. Download it now!
- The 2.1 update is not slowing down Droids – A video was posted by some game tester which showed a 2.1 updated Droid running incredibly slower than a stock 2.0.1 Droid. Naturally, the Droid Life family took on the test and basically proved that their results were not correct. Nice work DL readers!
- Ultimate Live Wallpaper guide – We tossed together one heck of a live wallpaper guide. Enjoy!
- Official Digg app released for Android – The official Digg app was released on Android and we were not all that impressed. While it functions flawlessly, it came up pretty short from expectations.
- Saturday Poll: Switch to the Verizon iPhone? – Any chance in hell you would switch to the new Verizon iPhone? Over 2,100 of you answered with an emphatic “No!”
- The Android OS is taking over the world – New test results dropped on Friday which show the Android OS officially taking over the world and we’re damn excited.
Last week was another amazing one here at Droid Life and I can already see this one turning into something just as special. We’re talking rooting 2.1, new Cyanogen, taking screen shots without rooting and much, much more. Hope everyone’s weekend was fantastic and thanks again for continuing to support our Droid inspired journey!