Pocket Casts users, things are happening! Announced this week, beta users will soon see all of the following features, with everyone not in the beta seeing them in a couple of weeks. So, let’s go over what’s new.
The list is actually quite long. I’d apologize, but a list of new features being long is a good thing so I refuse.
- Tab Layout – Show notes can be just as important to a podcast as the audio itself. Swipe between the tabs to quickly switch your view from the Now Playing screen to the show notes, or swipe again to check out the chapters (if they’re available).
- Custom Toolbar – Everyone listens to podcasts differently, meaning we all have different needs. Who are we to decide which options should be available in your player? Now, you can customize your player toolbar with just the actions you want. Pick your four most used actions to include in the toolbar — the rest are only a tap away. These actions include:
- Playback Effects
- Sleep Timer
- Mark as Played
- Archive Episode
- Share Episode
- Star Episode
- Output Device / Airplay (iOS only)
- Go To Podcast
- Up Next – Instead of being underneath the Now Playing screen, it’s now its own screen. You can still swipe up to access it or tap the queue counter, now available on both the mini player and the Now Playing screen. Swipe down on your Up Next to return to your previous view, or tap the Now Playing option to go directly to your player. The most important new feature in our Up Next queue is one you’ve all been asking for: multi-select! Tap the Select button to enter multi-select mode.
- Indigo Theme – Version 7.6 comes with a new theme: Indigo! A light theme featuring a soft off-white background and rich indigo elements.
As soon as build 7.6 hits your device, you’ll have all of this sweet new stuff. Our hope is that this update will correct a lot of the 1-star ratings the app currently has in Google Play. It’s looking pretty rough in there right now.
// Pocket Casts
Some of our best videos.