The Moment Pro camera app picked up an update this week that introduced HDR+ action on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL devices, thanks to new support for the Pixel Visual Core chip inside each. This should lead to HDR photos taken in a way that you might find in the regular Pixel 2 camera app, only with additional controls that Moment provides.
The rest of the update includes a setting to make Moment Pro your default camera, performance improvements, and plenty of bug fixes.
The app still costs $2, but the addition of Pixel Visual Core support should make this a new app for Pixel 2 owners to consider. The regular Pixel 2 camera app is quite bare-bones, so this is an app that gives you use of your phone’s camera, yet with some pro tools to really improve photos.
- HDR+ for Pixel devices! Tap on the format button (JPEG/RAW) to select the new format HDR+ that will use Pixel Visual Core
- Moment Pro Camera as your default camera
- Camera Roll photo detailed view now shows a map with a marker pointing to the location if available
- Performance: Viewfinder grid drawing frequency improvement
- Bugfix: Minor camera roll improvements
- Bugfix: Latest versions major crash reports and improvements to generate better reports
Google Play Link