An upcoming update for Fallout Shelter is bringing a lot of new features, a few of which should add plenty of exciting gameplay opportunities. The big change – item crafting. Junk, exactly like the kind you would find in Fallout 4, can be used to craft new armor and weapons. Dwellers exploring the Wasteland with a high level of Luck can find junk, and you will be able to receive junk from Lunchboxes. To craft items from the junk, two rooms have been added into the game; Weapon and Armor crafting rooms.
Also included in the update is the ability to customize the look of every dweller inside of your vault. This can be done be creating a Barbershop. Also in the realm of customization, new outfits and weapons have also been added into Lunchboxes.
Fallout Shelter is also including new pets for your dwellers, so be on the lookout for parrots, plus new cats and dogs. Additionally, new pet bonuses have been added.
The update is set to rollout to iOS and Android devices later this week.
- Turn worthless junk into useful items! Introducing… crafting!
- New Rooms! Build the new Weapon and Armor crafting rooms and use them to create your own items in game!
- Lunchboxes now contain a bonus 5th card: Junk! Trust us – it’s more useful than it sounds. Lucky wasteland explorers may also find junk on their adventures.
- Take the Overseer role to the next level. Build the new Barbershop and customize the look of any Dweller.
- Keep up with the latest fashions! Find new Outfits and Weapons straight from Fallout 4 in lunchboxes, or craft them yourself!
- Because four-legged companions bring overwhelming happiness, we’ve added new Dogs and Cats, and are introducing… Parrots! Plus, new Pet bonuses!
- Time of day is now properly reflected. Because authentic Vault simulation is our #1 goal!