For those who may be looking to switch to AT&T from a competing carrier, Big Blue is offering a promotion that could net you up to $650 in credits. There are quite a few steps in order to get the full credit amount, so let’s get started.
First, you will need to be switching from Verizon, Sprint or T-Mobile, and have a smartphone that you are able to trade-in. You will need to head into an AT&T retailer or do this online, starting by purchasing a new phone through AT&T Next. Then, activate the device on an eligible plan, port your current phone number to AT&T, and then trade-in your current smartphone.
This promo can be doubled with the other AT&T deal that allows new customers to buy one LG or Samsung smartphone and get one free. Details on that promo can be viewed here.
A full set of details can be viewed below.
- Purchase a new smartphone on AT&T Next, activate a new line of qualified postpaid wireless service with AT&T, and port your number from Verizon, Sprint or T-Mobile.
- Trade-in your current eligible smartphone (minimum $10 value) online or in our stores and receive either AT&T store credit or an AT&T Promotion Card in the amount of your trade-in value.
- Submit the final statement from your previous carrier online.
- Receive an AT&T promotion Visa pre-paid gift card in the amount of the early termination fee or device balance owed on your final bill minus your trade-in value.
- Receive total credits of up to $650.