I can’t say that it has ever happened to me personally, but I can imagine that losing your luggage while traveling could quite possibly be the most frustrating thing on the planet, especially when you and the airport have no idea where your bag is at the moment you realize it has been lost. Trakdot is a product that attempts to alleviate this situation by tracking your bag at all times.
To work, the Trakdot is simply placed in your luggage and then paired with an app or browser. As you land, the device sends a notification to your phone to let you know its exact location, which hopefully is right underneath your seat in the luggage compartment of the plane. If it isn’t there, then you should at least be able to see its last whereabouts to help you and the airline track and recover it.
The Trakdot typically runs $50, but you need to pay $20 per year for its tracking service. With this deal, you get the Trakdot plus two years of service for $79.99. So basically, you are saving $10. Amazon reviewers seem to love it and have given it a 4.5+ score.
- Tracks your luggage when traveling by air
- Uses newly patented micro-electronics & ground-based cellphone technologies
- Tracks & reports its location, even while inside metal containers
- Sends a notification via your choice of email or text when your plane lands w/ exact location
- Displays tracking info on free app & web browser