For fans of the first XCOM: Enemy Unknown, a new game from the same makers called XCOM: Enemy Within is now available on Google Play. Priced at $12.99, XCOM: EW brings the same shoot all the aliens type of gameplay, while also introducing new weapons, characters, enemies, and soldier abilities.
If you happen to play CoD: Advanced Warfare, the cybersuits which are featured in the new XCOM may look and feel familiar. This allows for new forms of movement, which should help you outmaneuver your enemies and destroy them.
On top of that, players can now take advantage of a newly discovered alien resource, known as Meld. Throughout the game, more abilities will be discovered and secrets unlocked.
- New Soldier Abilities: Research a new alien technology to advance the capabilities of your operatives. New technology includes genetic modifications of soldiers and mechanized cybersuits.
- New Weapons and Equipment: Give your operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from your engineering team and the Foundry.
- New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new alien types and a deadly new organization known as EXALT.
- New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield and use it carefully back at base to unlock new research and upgrades.
- New Story Elements: Investigate a terrifying threat in an abandoned fishing village, and defend the XCOM headquarters from alien attack in a series of new plat-driven missions.
- New Multiplayer maps, units, and abilities: Create your custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate your opponent in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
The game costs you $12.99, but don’t worry, you won’t see any IAPs or ads.
Play Link ($12.99)
Some of our best videos.