T-Mobile has approved the Android 4.4.2 “Kit Kat” update for its variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4, with rollout expected to start today. The new build number is M919UVUFNB4. In order to update over-the-air (OTA) or through Kies, you’ll need to be on build M919UVUEMK2.
The update is a pretty solid jump from the phone’s 4.3 days, bringing with it improved stability, a camera shortcut on the lock screen, and an improved keyboard, at least according to T-Mobile. As you all know, the update is much bigger than that. If we look to Sprint’s Galaxy S4 update, we get a better picture of what is likely included.
Here is the changelog from Sprint’s variant:
- OS upgrade to Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings – location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Anyone see the update yet?