Sprint appears to be a step ahead of the other carriers in the game when comes to updating their Samsung devices to Android 4.4.2 “Kit Kat.” Last week, before Samsung had even announced their list of devices to receive the latest version of Android, Sprint went ahead and began updating its version of the Galaxy S4. This morning (or really late last night), they took the next step and started the push of 4.4.2 to the Galaxy Note 3.
Included in the update are things like better media controls on the lock screen, restyled navigation and notification areas, more Emoji, consolidated location settings, wireless printing, and more. The update will rollout as build VPUCNAB.
Here is the changelog from Samsung:
- OS upgrade to Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings – location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.