The newest version of Google+ for Android is now available on Google Play. The update is one of the biggest in recent memory in that it introduces Communities to mobile, allows users to view Photosphere photos, brings in a list of new Event features, supports full resolution photo uploads (and 5GB of storage), supports animated GIFs, unwraps a new “mood” expression option, and lets you add the Google+ widget to your lock screen (Android 4.2+).
Again, it’s a massive upgrade. We have the full list of new features below, but if you want the explanation on some of the new stuff in events, be sure to hit up the source link.
- New feature: Google+ Communities
- Support for full resolution photo uploads via Instant Upload
- Subscribe to any circle for notifications
- Support for time zones in Events
- Basic profile editing
- Integration with Google Now to send birthday wishes to friends
- Support for animated GIFs
- Express your mood via animated images in posts
- View and explore Photo Sphere images (Android 4.2+)
- Add the Google+ widget to your device’s lock screen (Android 4.2+)
Via: G+ Project
Some of our best videos.