Now that we are less than two weeks away from the official Galaxy S5 launch (and eBay is already calling it a Daily Deal), it’s time to look forward to the same phone in different variants. Last year’s Galaxy S4 came in Mini, Zoom, and Active forms, so as far as we know, the S5 will be getting similar treatment.
An exclusive out of SamMobile today, attempts to confirm the existence of the Galaxy S5 Mini, going on to reveal probable specifications of the mid-range device.
As far as the specifications go, we aren’t looking at any competition for Sony’s high-end Xperia Z1 Compact. Mid-to-lower end specs like a possible Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and 1.5GB of RAM don’t get us too excited, but we’re glad Samsung decided to update the S4 Mini’s ultra-low-res qHD display to a nicer looking 720p.
- 4.5-inch Super AMOLED display with 720p resolution
- Unknown Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, likely the Snapdragon 400
- 8 megapixel rear-facing camera
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera
- 1.5GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- IR blaster
- 2100 mAh battery
- Expected to be water-resistant with IP67 certification
- Android 4.4, Kit Kat (we think it will be 4.4.2)
We do not yet know any pricing or availability details, but based on last year’s S4 Mini, we could be seeing this device land on major US carriers for free on contract.