Ever since the PadFone X from ASUS was announced at CES this year, we have been patiently waiting to learn more about the device. We know that it will be on AT&T, that it will have LTE Advanced, feature HD Voice and VoLTE, but that was about it.
Today, AT&T has dropped the spec list for the phone/tablet hybrid to satisfy our appetite until the launch date.
A few of the highlights would be that the PadFone X is launch with Kit Kat, a 13MP camera on the rear of the PadFone itself, and an unspecified 2.3GHz quad-core processor. What is awesome about this spec list is that the PadFone and the PadFone dock have their separate specs, which when combined make for one awesome device.
Unfortunately, we still do not have a set release date from ASUS or AT&T. AT&T promises that we are “one step closer” to getting our hands on it, but nothing more than that. As soon as we hear more, we will keep you updated.
Take a look at the spec list below.
- PadFone: 143.93 x 72.46 x 9.98 mm (150g)
- PadFone Station: 250.4 x 172.25 x 11.63 mm (514g)
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- PadFone: 5”, 1920 x 1080 (441PPI)
- PadFone Station: 9”, 1920 X 1200 (252PPI)
- PadFone: 13MP Pixel Master + 2MP front-facing
- PadFone Station: 1MP front-facing
- 2.3Ghz quad-core
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- 16GB (2GB RAM)
- microSD™ slot in smartphone extends external memory up to 64GB
- WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac)
- BT 4.0
- PadFone : 2,300mAh
- PadFone Station: 4,990mAh