From the same man that unlocked Motorola’s bootloaders, instructions are now up for Galaxy S4 owners to gain root access using the same method. If you have a U.S. S4 variant, powered by a Snapdragon processor, then this exploit should work just fine for you.
The process couldn’t be any easier, requiring users to simply download a zip file and then pressing a couple of buttons. If you were looking for root on that new Galaxy S4 of yours, this is the way to go.
- Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
- If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Samsung USB drivers available for your phone.
- Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB.
- If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute “run.bat”. If you are using Linux or OS X, navigate to the extracted directory in a terminal and execute “./run.sh”.
- Approve the ADB connection from your PC on your device.
If you have any questions or issues, head on over to the XDA thread for your troubleshooting needs.