If you are interested in having the newest version of Android 2.2 and Blur on your Droid X, then today is your day. The 2.2.1 version of Android we saw on the original Droid last week, only with Blur on top of it, can be downloaded below, flashed and consumed in just a few minutes. This is for rooted DX users only and is a semi-risky process, so please read the warning below.
*WARNING* – We DO NOT have an SBF file for this version of Blur. What does that mean? If something happens after you upgrade to this, you WILL NOT be able to do a complete wipe with an older SBF file. This is NOT like the original Droid. Should you choose to upgrade to this new version and attempt to wipe with an old SBF, you WILL brick your phone.
Download: Blur_2.3.320_System_2.2.1.zip (other mirrors at source link below)
*DROID X only.
*Have to be rooted. (Instructions)
*Should work with ANY 2.2 ROM.
*Will NOT wipe out all of your apps.
1. Download the file from above onto your SD card.
2. Using Koush’s Droid X Bootstrap, bootstrap the recovery, then reboot into it.
3. Navigate to “mounts and storage” and choose:
- format system
- mount /system
4. Return 1-menu by tapping the power button once. Choose “install zip from sdcard.”
5. Select “choose zip from sdcard” and select the Blur.zip file you downloaded from above.
6. Your phone will now upgrade to the newest Blur and Android version.
Full support at the link below.