The ADW Launcher received another update yesterday to bring it closer to the quality of the LauncherPro and its animated app drawer. Which is better? LauncherPro still appears to be faster, but if you want a Froyo look-a-like, then ADW is a great choice.
*Rooted users only.
Instructions for installation…
*Note 1* – I was unable to manually install this onto JRummy’s ROM, but he includes it as an option in his customizer. It may be 2 builds behind, but still resembles Froyo.
1. Download the file compatible with your system:
2. Open ROM Manager and choose “Reboot into recovery.”
3. Select “install zip from sdcard.”
4. Select “choose zip from sdcard.”
5. Scroll down and select “ADW.Launcher….zip.”
6. After it finishes installing, hit the power button to return one menu.
7. Reboot your phone.
8. Choose the “Home” launcher when prompted.
Changelog: ADW Things