- UPDATE: This 9.5.9 build has been replaced by 9.5.10 with a bug fix for double-tap to wake.
OnePlus began pushing out a new update to the OnePlus 7 Pro today as OxygenOS 9.5.9. The update addresses a number of areas, like improvements in touch sensitivity, better haptic feedback in the keyboard, and camera autofocus speed.
Specifically, OnePlus says to expect “greater performance” in touch sensitivity, smoother visual effects, optimized sensitivity of auto brightness, improved GPS speed and accuracy, the June security patch, and other general fixes. In the camera, performance when switching from front to back cameras has improved, as has auto-focus speed, photo-stitching in panorama, and pro mode 48MP photos.
The update sounds like a good one and you can find the full changelog below.
OxygenOS 9.5.9 Update
- Improved touch sensitivity for greater performance
- Smoother Visual effects
- Optimized haptic feedback for the keyboard
- Optimized the sensitivity of automatic brightness
- Optimized auto-switch of display resolution
- Optimized the speed and accuracy of GPS when the screen is turned off
- Adjusted haptic feedback of third-party app notifications
- Added Face Unlock assistive lighting (Settings – Security & lock screen – Face Unlock – Face Unlock assistive lighting)
- Increased sound enhancement for OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 (Settings – Sound & vibration – Dolby Atmos – Earphone Adjustment – Earphone Sound Enhancement)
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.06
- Support VoLTE/VoWiFi for 3 SE and Telenor SE (EEA Only)
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Improved the performance of camera mode while switching from front to back
- Improved speed of auto-focus
- Advanced photo-stitching in Panorama mode
- Improved photo quality of 48MP JPG in Pro mode
To check for the update, head into Settings>System>System>System Updates. Just be aware that this is a staged rollout that will only hit a few phones today. Assuming you aren’t one of the lucky early 7 Pro owners, it could be a day or three before this update arrives on your phone.