We’re creeping up on the end of 2016, which means we’re all starting to wonder what the hell happened to the past 12 months. That also means we’re looking to the future for the fun that lies ahead and back a bit at the good times we had while living in the present. Seriously, though, what a year in probably more bad ways than good.
However, in the past week, things have been good! We hosted another DL Show, welcomed in Gboard, debated Inbox and Gmail, got new Google Home actions, bumped fists with Instagram over new features, and are excited at the moment for Android Wear because of Facer’s new big update. Be sure to catch up on all of the goodness below!
- WATCH: Droid Life Show Episode 128 | Subscribe
- Google’s Gboard keyboard now official on Android!
- Google Home added a whole bunch of new actions
- Also, you can Cast Netflix and Google Photos content from Google Home now
- Facebook is starting to fight fake news…months too late
- Facebook also launched a separate Events app on Android
- Poll: Gmail or Inbox?
- Google brings VR to Chrome on Android
- Twitter now allows for live video streaming
- Instagram now lets you save posts, and go live!
- Honor’s new Magic phone looks conceptually sweet, but is bound for China only
- Verizon will also now kill the Galaxy Note 7 via software update
- Samsung probably has a new Gear VR in the works, plus some other VR goodness
- Yahoo had an even worse week
- Nova Launcher, now on version 5.0 to celebrate being 5 years old
- Chrooma 4.0 beta is out and probably worth a look for fans of 3rd party keyboards
- Pebble watches should work through 2017
- Microsoft and Harman Kardon have made an Amazon Echo competitor
- Google acquired a smartwatch company to hopefully make Android Wear better
- Facer 3.0 is here and it’s awesome
If it’s icy, don’t drive 5 mph. That’s more dangerous than you driving faster because you’ll piss everyone else off. Just stay home.