The Weather Network launched an official application for the Android TV platform today, bringing live weather and even traffic updates directly to your HDTV. The app displays a forecast when not in use, giving you accurate information at a glance. When the app is opened, you can view detailed weather information as close as 0.6 miles of where you are using a US zip code.
Other features include radar and traffic flow maps, allowing users to keep an eye on local traffic conditions, as well as a Voice Control functionality that grants you access to weather, videos, photos, and other features by using your gorgeous speaking voice.
The app is free to download from Google Play directly to your Android TV set-top box, so have at it.
- IP targeted localized forecasts: Available for both the Live Channel and interactive app, personalized and localized forecasts are available, showing current and upcoming weather conditions.
- PointCast technology: Available for both the Live Channel and interactive app, PointCast technology provides weather information as close as 0.6 miles of where you are using a US zip code.
- Enhanced weather content: Current, Hourly, 36 Hours and 14 Day forecasts are provided for a user’s favorite locations.
- Video gallery: A collection of video on demand clips, including a Global Force of Nature video series, showcase images of the latest active and major weather events happening around the world.
- Weather, Radar and Traffic Flow maps: With support from pan and zoom functionality, users can keep an eye on up-to-date weather, radar and traffic maps.
- Voice control: Using simple voice commands, weather, videos and photos are searchable via voice activation.