AT&T announced this morning that its variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is finally receiving an update to Kit Kat (Android 4.4).
The update introduces an “improved user interface” with a restyled notification area, option to choose a default messaging app, cloud printing, Immersive mode, color Emoji support, and stronger security. Outside of the goodies from the Android portion of Kit Kat, Samsung has also made camera access easier from the lock screen, improved GPS performance, added new sound controls, and more.
- Improved user interface: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as re-styled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security and smarter power use.
- Default messaging app: Choose a default messaging app when multiple messaging services are installed.
- Improved GPS performance
- Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls are available from the lock screen when listening to music.
- Camera access: The camera can also be accessed directly from the lock screen.
- Location menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
- Wireless printing: Integrated support for wireless printing available in enhanced settings.
- New sound controls: Set sound for specific Samsung applications in enhanced settings.
To pull the update, head into Settings>More>About device>Software update>Check for updates.
Collapse Show Comments