if you’ve been following along with our list of nexus one 2.1 apps that were ported over to the motorola droid, then this is a post you need read through as the android 2.1 update is almost upon us. with the breaking news coming out today of the update, and our sources telling us that february 10th will be day 1 of the rollout, it’s time to start cleaning up our devices.
first of all, the best idea is to uninstall any 2.1 app that you have installed over the last few weeks to make sure you get a completely clean install when your device receives its ota update sometime this week. the options you had are all listed here.
video instructions for un-installation…
steps for un-installation…
1. go to settings > applications > manage applications
2. scroll through app list to pick out the 2.1 app you want to remove.
3. options would be: “clock” / “gallery” / “launcher” / “music” / “news and weather”
4. tap on the specific application.
5. if the application gives you the option to “clear defaults” then do so.
6. tap on “uninstall”.
7. repeat steps for each 2.1 app installed.
*note* google maps 3.4 – if you installed the ported version of google maps from this post then you will need to remove it just as you would these other apps (there are un-installation instructions at the end of the video in that post as well). however, if you downloaded the google maps update through the market, then you are good to go and can leave it alone.
Collapse Show Comments