Pingdom, a service that almost any website owner should be quite familiar with, released an Android app this morning to support their website uptime monitoring service. If using with your site(s) or server(s), Pingdom will show you reports on which is up or down, allow you to resolves outages with root cause analysis, view statistics on each site, and most importantly, will notify you with alerts.
I’ve installed the app already. So far, it looks fantastic with a hamburger style slideout menu, easily swipeable pages. and a well-put-together UI. Website owners, get to installing.
Here are the features:
- Get alerts as push notifications directly to your Android device (push notifications require Android 2.2 or later).
- Quickly resolve outages with new and improved root cause analysis.
- View the current status (up or down) of all your monitored sites.
- View uptime and response time statistics for each site.
- View current and past outages as an account-wide summary.
- Quickly switch between all your connected accounts (requires a Team account).