According to sources of ours, the US Cellular variant of the Moto X will finally receive its Kit Kat (Android 4.4) update starting tomorrow. As build 13.11.3, users will see the entire new Kit Kat experience, along with improvements to the camera, Active Display, Touchless Control, and Motorola Assist. US Cellular is also planning to throw in updates to some of their bloatware apps as well.
With US Cellular’s variant receiving the update, I believe that leaves Sprint as the lone Moto X without Android 4.4. And we thought Verizon was slow.
Update includes and addresses:
- Android 4.4 Kit Kat
- Update following U.S. Cellular® Pre-Loads
- Wi-Fi Now – Version 4.5.106
- Synchronoss – 18.104.22.168
- SIM PUK Lock Enhancement
- UI interface updated to help customer understand the feature to avoid locking the device
- Verizon message when activating some devices
- Improvements to following Motorola experiences
- Imaging (Camera app update available via Playstore)
- Active Notifications
- Touch Less Controls (update available via Playstore)
- Motorola Assist