Yesterday, an update was pushed out to the AccuWeather for Android app, bringing a completely redone UI for both smartphones and tablets. On top of a spanking new UI, multi-location widgets have been added, users are given the ability to create custom forecasts, and push notifications for severe weather warnings are a go for tablets.
What’s in this version:
- Completely redesigned for tablets and phones, with landscape & portrait modes.
- Multi-location, resizable widgets with more detail.
- Customizable My AccuWeather forecasts.
- Pushed severe weather notices for tablets.
- European radar and a snapshot view for your saved locations.
I will say, the ads in the free version are pretty darn annoying. If you don’t like them either, you can pick up a paid version on sale for $1.