Somebody over at The Weather Channel offices spent quite a bit of time working on an update for their Android application. It was pushed to Google Play this morning and brings a whole new look and feel to the app. So new in fact that they greet you with a informative splash page as soon as you open the app, listing out all of the new features.
While I didn’t have time to go looking through their video galleries or checking my local weather radar, I did have time to appreciate the smooth gesture-based UI, and all of the neat Toyota advertising placed throughout the app. All in all, this weather app might find itself sitting on my device for a little bit.
What’s in this version:
- “Expect rain to start at 3:15p”—No more guessing! If your weather is changing within 6 hrs, we let you the exact time it will happen.
- Faster maps with past & future radar, severe weather bulletins
- More detailed forecasts
- A better selection of videos
- Optimized for Android tablets
- Set up your favorites places to take full advantage of our weather widgets and notifications.
- What everyone has been asking for, a Refresh button!
- It is now easy to share your weather with your friends & family