Verizon made the LG Revolution officially official today, and will launch it May 26 (tomorrow) in stores for $249 on a 2-year contract. This should come as no surprise to DL readers – you’ve already seen the entire spec list which included this date, the first shots of the new black battery cover, and the user guide. For those that haven’t been keeping up though, you are looking at a 4.3″ screen (not SLCD or SAMOLED), front and rear cameras (1.3MP and 5MP), 16GB pre-installed SD card, HDMI-out, and a 1GHz Snapdragon single-core processor. Yep, another device sporting last year’s tech with this year’s catch phrases.
It will run LG’s Home over top of Android 2.2, feature Bing as its primary search option, and is the first Android device to come pre-loaded with Netflix. Been wondering why the Charge and Thunderbolt still don’t have access to the movie streaming service? They’ve got to sell this device somehow don’t they?
Revolution™ By LG Arrives For Verizon Wireless
Dynamic Trio of 4G LTE, Entertainment and Power Combine To Make Revolution™ by LG
BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and SAN DIEGO, CA — Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced Revolution™ by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 26.
An entertainment powerhouse, Revolution by LG is the first Android™ smartphone preloaded with the Neflix application, allowing Netflix subscribers access to movies and television shows. Revolution customers can capture and share HD images or videos on a 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen. Built-in HDMI output and SmartShare capability allow customers to share multimedia content with HDMI capable displays, creating an exceptional entertainment experience.
- 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas 1 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon® processor
- Android™ 2.2 platform
- Access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- Bing® Search and Maps
- Adobe® Flash® Player
- Rear-facing 5.0-megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
- 720p HD video recording and playback
- Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
- Mobile Hotspot capability allows customers to share 4G LTE with up to 8 Wi-Fi-enabled devices or a 3G connection with up to 5 devices
- Bluetooth® Version 3.0 Support Profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), audio/video remote control, file transfer, phone book access
- V CAST Apps
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard with SWYPE technology
- Equipped with Dolby® Mobile for rich listening experience
- Extensive image editor includes: crop, rotate, resize, apply filters, image adjustments, draw, write, erase and add stamps
- 16 GB preinstalled microSD card™
Pricing and availability:
- Revolution by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.comfor $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- Revolution customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access. An unlimited data package is available for $29.99 for monthly access. The Mobile Hotspot feature will be included for a limited time at no additional charge.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network, launched in December 2010, is the fastest, most advanced 4G network in the United States, providing speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless’ 3G network. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network currently reaches one-third of all Americans, with plans to expand the network to the company’s entire 3G coverage area over the next three years.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 104 million total wireless connections, including more than 88 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visitwww.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library atwww.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 93,000 people working in over 120 operations around the world. With 2010 global sales of 55.8 trillion Korean won (USD 48.2 billion), LG comprises four business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning & Energy Solutions. LG is one of the world’s leading producers of flat panel TVs, mobile devices, air conditioners, washing machines, and refrigerators. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner and a Technology Partner of Formula 1™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
The LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a leading global mobile communications and information company. With its cutting-edge technology and innovative design capabilities, LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world. LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products, while continuing its leadership role in mobile communication with stylish designs and smart technology. For more information, please visit www.lgmobilephones.com.