Google+ will receive a massive update today that brings with it mobile video Hangouts (2.3+ users with front cameras), a Messenger section with photo sharing to replace Huddles, and the ability to customize a ton of stuff. Oh, and to make these announcements even better, they are opening up G+ sign-ups to everyone! If you for some reason were not able to secure an invite after 3 months, then feel free to jump on over http://plus.google.com/ and join in on the fun.
Some of the other new additions:
- Edit your profile photo. You can now put your best face forward, from where you happen to be. Just visit your profile, click edit, and you can choose or take a new picture.
- Customize your notifications. Some notifications may be more important than others, especially when you’re on the go. Now you can decide which ones you see (or not) on your phone.
- Make some room. If you’re taking lots of photos, or installing lots of apps, then internal storage can sometimes shrink. That’s why you can now move the Google+ app to SD storage on Android devices.
- Improved SMS support. Users in the US and India can now post to Google+, receive notifications, and respond to group messages via SMS (with more countries on the way). To start texting, just verify your phone number in Google+ settings.
- Improved +mentions support. To add someone in your circles to a conversation (or simply get their attention), you can now +[their name] inside a post or comment.
- +1’ing comments. When you read a great comment in the Stream, you can now +1 it directly from your iOS device (with Android coming soon).
Market Link (update available now)
Via: Google Mobile