With a name like Pimp My ROM, who wouldn’t want to give it a try? How it works is even cooler though. Basically, it’s a simple zip file that you flash in recovery, which will then list out through a touch interface many custom tweaks and mods you can perform to enhance your device. As we mentioned in the title, it works on any device running any ROM, as long as you’re rooted and running a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod.
Here are just a few things you can do with Pimp My ROM:
- Faster internet browsing
- Better Battery consumption
- Miscellanous kernel tweaks
- Ondemand governor tweaks
- Use Adblock hosts to block in-app advertising
- Improve External sdcard I/O performances
- Zipalign all apk at each boot
- Better jpg image quality
- Better camera recording quality
- Enable hardware video acceleration
- Enable gpu UI rendering
- Enable HSUPA
- Enable JIT (Just In Time) Compiler for Dalvik vm
The above list is just the beginning. You can install .apks like Adobe Flash for Jelly Bean, third party launchers, and it just keeps going. To download Pimp My ROM and get to hacking, follow the via link below which will take you to the original thread.