The posse hanging out in the Droid Life Forums have discovered a way to grab the new Mobile Recovery app which should be available on 9/16 as a part of your Total Equipment Coverage with Asurion. The app might be due to launch officially on Thursday, but you can snag it today if you want by visiting the link below from your device:
Supposedly you need to have TEC on your plan for this to work, but it let me right in. Of course I didn’t actually read the terms and conditions which might be a good idea since there is a chance I just opted into the coverage. Whoops.
Here are some of the features of the app:
- Sound an alarm from a misplaced phone, even if it’s set to silent
- Locate a lost phone on a map, with turn-by-turn directions
- Lock a lost or stolen phone to ensure your privacy
- Remotely erase contacts from a lost or stolen phone
- Available at no added cost with Verizon Wireless Total Equipment Coverage
So it’s basically like WaveSecure or Lookout, but comes free with TEC and appears to be a pretty solid app. I just asked it to find my location and it couldn’t have been more spot on. Might be worth a look, especially if you have TEC on your plan.
And once you get signed up with the app, head to the MR site: https://www.mymobilerecovery.com/
Cheers Rollo and the DL Forums!